If you have lived in San Mateo for any period of time, you may have noticed loud noises from the airplanes that hover over our community. With the new automated routing procedures, increase in volume, airport expansion and lack of proactive noise restrictions it will get worse before it gets better. This issue has recently become so bad that many are calling for the FAA to address, recently Congresswomen Eshoo is leading the charge and encourages residents to submit complaints read more.
We are seeing increased pressure from residents of Palo Alto and Portola Valley who are being impacted by this increase of low flying traffic and unchecked noise proliferation. So were is San Mateo in this – there is a SFO Noise Roundtable that meets each month to discuss the issues – our representative is David Lim who represents our city.
While SFO noise is getting worse so to is San Carlos and Half Moon bay light aircraft noise has continues to increase, to address this issue San Mateo has announced a new site for neighbors to report Light Aircraft noise through a newly contracted site planenoise.com
Residents who have an issue with aircraft noise are encouraged to learn more:
- How to Complain – Palo Alto Style
- San Mateo Plane Noise Site
- SFO Noise Abatement Resources
- Flight Tracker Interactive Map
- Palo Alto Weekly Article on Noise Increase
- The Daily Journal Article – new ways of reporting noise
- Grand Jury Document on Topic
The Airport Commission is interested in hearing from you if aircraft noise is a concern. Your comments regarding the SFO Noise
- (1) e-mail through the project website; or
- (2) mailing them to: Attn: Bert Ganoung, Manager Attn: Audrey Park, Senior Environmental Planner Aircraft Noise Abatement Office Bureau of Planning and Environmental Affairs San Francisco International Airport San Francisco International Airport P.O. Box 8097 P.O. Box 8097 San Francisco, CA 94128 San Francisco, CA 94128
“To better capture critical data about aircraft noise concerns around the San Carlos and Half Moon Bay airports and simplify the reporting process for residents, San Mateo County is introducing its newly launched noise complaint reporting system.
The PlaneNoise Aircraft Noise Complaint Management System is designed to make reporting easier for callers and provide more timely and accurate information to the airports, county management and Board of Supervisors about the number and location of complaints from the communities surrounding each airport.
With PlaneNoise, individuals can submit complaints by calling the phone hotline at (844) 266-6266 or online at the San Mateo County Airports Division website sanmateocountyairports.org (click “File a Noise Complaint). Go to planenoise.com to learn more about PlaneNoise.”